Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Six-month-a-versary


One Year ago today Justin and I went to Ruby's diner on the Huntington Beach Pier to have dinner, the same place he took me on our first date. I thought we were going because I had a coupon... little did I know the boy had something much different in mind. After dinner we went and stood on the edge of the peir and watched the gorgeous sunset, then Justin looked at me and said "So, I talked to your dad..." (to ask for my hand in marriage) Then he got down on one knee, opened a little black box and asked me to marry him. My jaw dropped... for two reasons 1. I had no idea he asked my dad (my dad was in town that week and they snuck out to sushi together) 2. the ring was AMAZING! (the one I had in mind was much less sparkly) Of course I said yes!

Then Six months ago I married my best freind and the most wonderful man alive. We were Married in the Newport Beach Temple, then partied till we dropped with family and friends. The next day we headed off to our Mexican Honeymoon, and had an amazing time there.

Here are a few of the Things we've learned the first 6 months of our marriage:

October: direct from justin "We learned that cruises are pretty much the only way to vacation."

 

November: I turned 20! We learned that driving from California to Utah in a car by yourself is not very fun, and that trying to find things after packing them up is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.


December: Justin learned that he wouldn't freeze to death... at least not literally,when we visited Minnesota for Christmas.

January: We figured out how to drive in winter weather conditions. Justin hates driving at night while it's snowing! We also moved into our first place in Layton, and learned that after you open all those wedding presents you end up with a mound of cardboard boxes.

February: In February we took a long weekend to California and learned that 50 degrees feels amazing after being in the snowy weather, and Justin can't wait for the snow to melt so he can go golfing. I learned that a picture a day (even if it's only for 28 days) is really hard, and time-consuming

March: I started work as a nanny for a 3 month old baby and learned how to eat lunch while holding a bottle. Justin learned that "compressed natural gas can do wonders for this country" (he and his dad convert cars to CNG at their new shop in Layton)


April: We learned that it can be 65 degrees one day and then snow the next, and how to entertain 3 kids when it's snowing outside and there is no power (the answer: board games, pretend food, and stickers)

All in all the big thing we learned... We LOVE being married! so here's to many many years and an eternity of learning things together.

1 comment:

  1. I love hearing about your married life adventures! :) Please continue to share your wisdom so I can learn ahead of time hee hee :)

    ReplyDelete