Friday, November 9, 2012

Pumpkin Patches and Halloween

To Kick off the Halloween season we went to a pumpkin patch with our friends the Hopes. I had never been to a pumpkin patch to pick out pumpkins before and it was really fun!
 
 
Jenny decided that since we didn't have a pumpkin yet she would take a ride in the wheelbarrow. JJ wanted to touch (and eat) every pumpkin we found, especially the mini ones!

 
 
 Justin and Dallan with our pumpkins for carving!

 
After stopping for dinner we headed back home to carve the pumpkins. The boys got to do the messy part of "gutting" the pumpkins while Jenny and I got artistic. Jenny chose a classic silly Jack-O-Lantern, and I gave mine two teeth to match JJ.
 
 
For JJ's first Halloween I decided that we had to do something memorable. We finally decided on Mary Poppins, Bert and a Penguin. I sewed the penguin costume from a tutorial last year on Make it-Love it (she has amazing sewing tutorials!) then made Justin's vest, my hat and shirt. It turned out great and I was really glad to be done with all that sewing! we didn't do any trick-or-treating this year although Justin wanted to, but we had fun at two ward trunk-or-treats.


1 comment: