Thursday, June 26, 2014

February is the shortest month

My goal every February is to accomplish something, because I figure that if I can stick to something I might as well give myself a chance by doing it in the shortest month. This year I wanted to organize one room/area each week. My first project was JJ's closet and his toys, then I got rid of the junk pile in our master bedroom. My next stop was making better use of our coat and junk closet in the hallway. 


Just by buying a couple of Rubbermaid containers and a shoe organizer for the door, I created more usable space and now its way easier for me to find cleaning supplies and shoes for JJ. 


I hope to do a post dedicated to our next little one, but for now here are just a few updates. We had our first ultrasound just before 12 weeks and baby looked healthy and great! 


Both of the boys needed haircuts really bad and after they looked more handsome than ever.


some nights call for a picnic on the floor and watching a movie. 


JJ still hadn't been feeling well off and on and daddy seems to make everything better around here so some extra cuddle time was in order.


The weather was warmer off and on and I just had to let JJ play outside on the playground for a little while to enjoy the sunshine while it lasted. 


The only time you find this whirlwind falling asleep on me is either when he's sick or I've kept him up way past nap time and he finally crashes. This time he was sick. Although the good news was that we finally figured out what he had, the doctor said it was adno-virus... and because of the virus and all of the plane rides he ended up with mild ear infections and a possible sinus infection too, poor kid. 


Someone got a hold of a pen while I was occupied... it took lots and lots of scrubbing to get rid of. 


JJ got crafty for valentines day, and messy!


I wanted to do a little photoshoot with JJ for Valentines Day, and to use for postcards. I like to send out cards for Valentines instead of Christmas, to keep things interesting!


This one turned out to be my favorite and the red wall in my kitchen even came in handy. 


My next organizing project was my craft room, it was a disaster area and it didn't have a bit of storage space. 




JJ got this awesome little kitchen for Christmas and was so excited once we finally got it set up.


In order to organize my craft room I needed to add storage and my first order of business was to add a book shelf and containers to store my junk. Later on I'll add a desk for my sewing machine and screen printer, and I'll add some shelves to store the stuff still on the floor. 


JJ loved getting outside and sporting his minion hat that my Mom made him.


Shopping with these two is sometimes fun, especially when you can hear them giggle through the whole store.


JJ proudly sporting his trike for the first time at our new house. 


The warm weather made everyone come out to play, and we are so lucky to have awesome neighbors who also have a basketball hoop in their yard.


JJ and I went to a second hand kid store and found this awesome bag of plastic animals and dinos which he loves to play with.


Yep this kid is cute!



JJ tried to take a selfie with my big camera


Every once in a while Justin gets a craving for sushi and I follow along because I could eat Chinese for every meal. we tried a new place this time and JJ wanted to help Justin pick out the sushi. 


Isn't it strange when you look at them and feel like they've grown up overnight?


Another project for February was to get rid of the red kitchen wall. I'm not a huge fan of red and it wasn't very us.


So I painted in a blue-grey color, honestly I would love it was darker (more navy) but Justin wasn't sold on the darker color. This is the start of making our house feel like our HOME. The large poster to the right of the window is the swatch for the tan walls, again not my favorite color...the tan that is. 


No comments:

Post a Comment