Monday, June 16, 2014

Life never stops moving: January

It really is true, that life never slows down. We have had a pretty busy year even for us! I haven't been very diligent about taking pictures with a real camera even up until now (June) and I'm hoping I'll get back into using my camera soon. Anyhow... here is my recap of what happened in January. 


We enjoyed some time checking out a frozen yogurt shop by our house, it totally reminds me of all of my Berry Cool outings with the Irvings!






JJ likes to watch his shadow as the light comes in our kitchen. 


In one day 3 separate people helped us to clear our driveway and sidewalks, including our bishop, and our backyard neighbors. We live in such a great area!


JJ had his first hamburger, and daddy is so proud.


Around Christmas time we heard that might great grandpa wasn't doing so well, and early in January he passed away. We were very fortunate to be able to travel to California to spend time with the whole family. While we wouldn't have wished for these circumstances to bring everyone together we were grateful that all of his kids, grand kids, great grand kids, and his one great great grandchild. 


This kid was pretty much a traveling pro by the end of the month  (10 plane rides in two months helps)


My dad arrived just before us in California and was able to pick us up from the airport, and it's hard to say who was more excited about their reunion!


We made time for family pictures down on the beach and time to eat at Ruby's at the Huntington Beach peir, which holds a special place in our hearts.


Justin and Brent got some quality time together, these two are two peas in a pod. 


We also got to spend time with the Stratmans who are pretty much an extended part of our family, who came down spend time with our family. 



We also announced to the cyber world that we're expecting our second little one to come into our family in August (i'll post more details sometime)


It was so great to spend time with all of our extended family. 


We also made it a priority to eat some chocolate malted crunch ice cream from Thrifty's, YUM!


Here are some of my favorite pictures of My great grandpa Darrell, he was so handsome.


He was very strong, and equally strong-willed (wonder where we all got it from, ha)


One of the things he made sure to pass along to all of the grand kids and great-grand kids was his love for fishing.



We tried to go whale watching, and although we didn't see and whales we enjoyed the time by the ocean. 





My family had to leave and JJ and I still had a little time there and we were able to spend it with The Irvings. JJ and Jill enjoyed some time at Chick-fil-a


We also went out for frozen yogurt.


Me and my Shadow (this saying usually followed by jazz hands)


JJ spent time with GG reading stories, and talking to her before bed time. 


We LOVED our time in California and the sunshine there and we will always miss it when we leave.



JJ got sick sometime after Christmas and seemed to get better for awhile but got sick again after our trip to California. 



There are some days when I've had quite enough off the tantrums but when daddy comes home it all seems to get better.


Later on in January JJ and I traveled to Wyoming following the Passing of my Uncle Tom to spend time with our family out there. 


It's not often that this one falls asleep on me so I am very grateful when it does happen.


I didn't take very many pictures on our trip but we enjoyed seeing all of our family out there and I enjoyed spending time with my mom, dad, and brothers again. 


JJ can't get enough of the Boys, he loves having people to play with and loved getting to spend time with them over and over again. 



We had a pretty long day in the airport following our trip but JJ handled it pretty well. First we took of from Billings MT.


Next we spent some time in Denver walking around and checking out any shop we could find. 


We also killed some time eating cookies, sometimes you just need a little treat.


We organized JJ's closet.


next comes February...

No comments:

Post a Comment