Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Broiled Parmesan Chicken

Here is yet another Pinterest find, and it was a success! recipe found on Mel's Kitchen Cafe 

INGREDIENTS:
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
4 tablespoons butter, softened (I used 3Tbs)
3 tablespoons light mayonnaise (I used 2Tbs)
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from about 1 lemon)
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon onion powder (I used dried chives)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts ( I used 4)

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat your broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly coat with cooking spray. Mix together the Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Stir in the dried basil, pepper, salt, onion powder and garlic powder, and set aside.  Lightly season each side of the chicken with salt and pepper. Broil a few inches from the broiler element for 4-5 minutes. Flip the chicken over and broil for a 3-4 more minutes. Spread an equal amount of the Parmesan mixture on each chicken breast. Broil for another 2-3 minutes until the top is golden and bubbly and the chicken is completely cooked through.


It was delicious! I was surprised at the use of the broiler to cook the chicken, I guess I had never thought of using it for anything other than burning garlic bread and melting cheese. Very easy to make, so go ahead make some for yourself! I served it with asparagus and homemade rice pilaf. I think this topping would be great on fish too!

No comments:

Post a Comment