Saturday, June 23, 2012

Chicken Pamesan Casserole

Thanks to Pinterest I am full of new recipes and ideas! Here is one of my finds that seemed brillant, chicken parmesan without all the work of breading and pre-frying the chicken. I have to admit I was skeptical that it would taste like the chicken parm I know and love but it looked so easy to make I had to give it a try. I found the recipe here on Food Wishes Blog 

Ingredients:
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
hot red pepper flakes, to taste
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used 4)
2 cups marinara sauce (I used at least 3 cups)
1/4 cup chopped basil (I used 2Tbs pesto)
8 oz mozzarella, shredded
4 oz Parmesan, grated
1 (5-oz) package garlic croutons

First place oil and garlic in a 9x13 (I used a 10x10) then add red pepper flakes, followed by the chicken breasts (I used 4) Then pour on the sauce, add pesto or basil and top with half of the cheese. I added a little more sauce then the croutons and top with the rest of the cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 mins

Next boil some pasta and serve your chicken parmesan on top and Enjoy! I thought it tasted a lot like what I thought it should, was super fast to make and definitly something I plan on adding to our recipes.






No comments:

Post a Comment