Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Cookie in a Cup

I have recently become smitten with the idea of making individual desserts in the microwave of all places. First I discovered the 321Cake and my mom loved the idea too! I'll share the recipe soon I promise. Justin absolutly loves warm chocolate chip cookies with ice cream, or milk so this was the perfect recipe for us. All the warm gooey cookie goodness without heating up the oven or lots of work. The recipe is from no.2 pencil 

1 Tablespoon Butter
1 Tablespoon Granulated White Sugar
1 Tablespoon of firmly packed Brown Sugar
3 Drops of Vanilla Extract
Small Pinch of Kosher Salt
1 Egg Yolk (discard the egg white)
slightly less than 1/4c of All Purpose Flour
2 Tablespoons of Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips


 Melt butter in a microwave safe mug. Add white sugar, brown sugar, vanilla kosher salt.

Stir together, Then add one egg yolk. Stir again.


add a little less than 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour, stir to combine.


Add chocolate chips, and stir.


Now put your cup in the microwave for 40-60 seconds. Start checking for doneness at the 40 second mark. You'll know it's ready when it looks like a cookie! now top with some ice cream or eat with a glass of milk. I love the results, and so did Justin! we actually doubled the recipe and it worked just as well, although it made A LOT of cookie so you might want to stick with the recipe unless you're sweet tooth is really hungry!


I can't wait to try the other microwave cookie recipes from no.2 pencil, and maybe even take a shot at one of my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment