Wednesday, February 29, 2012

February Craft: Rosette Headband


Since February was coming to a close very quickly, I needed to keep my resolution for one crafty thing a month. I wanted something simple that didn't involve a lot of expensive supplies or lots of cleanup. I'm hoping that I won't procrastinate this much in March, but then again who knows. I bought the stretchy headband in a pack at Michael's, and had the grey suiting material from some other projects. The rosettes are extremely easy (sorry I didn't shoot a tutorial this time)

First you cut a circle the size you want your finished flower. Next cut a strip of fabric somewhere between 1/2 inch- 1 inch wide (it doesn't need to be perfectly straight) and quite long... I didn't measure I just cut off the excess at the end. Tie a knot at one end and hot glue to the center of the circle. Now twist the fabric around the center knot and secure with hot glue. Tuck the end under the original circle, then glue them directly onto the headband or clips if you prefer. I'd suggest doing a practice flower if you're nervous, but keep in mind they aren't supposed to look perfect!

UP NEXT: Baby's room

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, you're going to be a mommy!
    I'm not sure if we've officially met, but we've facebooked and have lots of mutual friends... and then I found your blog and I'm so happy for you!
    My little boy is 6 months old, I feel like I was pregnant yesterday.
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete