Wednesday, February 1, 2012

January Craft: Memory Box

One of my goals for this year was to complete one creative/crafty project a month for the entire year. The project doesn't have to be big, time-consuming, or even expensive. I was having a really hard time deciding on what I would do this month. Originally I wanted to complete a sewing project, I even got out my fabric stash and stared at it for quite some time. My project finally came to me, a shadow box frame with memories from our honeymoon to Mexico.


Here are the supplies I used: A shadowbox frame, pictures, coins, cruise cards, a map of Puerto Vallarta, stamps, ink, scissors, sand, glass bottle, and double-sided tape.


Here is the finished project that I'm going to hang up in the bathroom, where the sand from our other destinations is displayed. I used the double-sided tape to attach everything to the frame backing. Just when I started to debate about putting the glass in the frame (if I did the bottle of sand wouldn't have fit) I stepped on it... and it shattered, so I decided I wasn't going to use the glass after all. This came together quickly and was relatively inexpensive since I received the frame as a gift for the wedding. I had hoped this resolution would keep my creativity alive in such a busy world. I can't wait to find inspiration for February!

UP NEXT: SLOW COOKER CHALLENGE WEEK 1

No comments:

Post a Comment