Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Croft Adventures

Along with celebrating Christmas with my family while they were here we went on lots of other adventures!

Our first wedding of the trip (more on that later) was for a long time family friend. Our parents were friends for a long time and when we all lived in California we played together. The reception was up in Logan and gratefully the weather was nice for us. Lately my Dad has gotten REALLY into playing the piano and teaching himself to play his favorite tunes. My heart always melts when JJ wants to play along with my dad, and once everyone else had left the reception they were free to rock out!



JJ also loves to play the guitar with my dad, his style of playing could be considered "August Rush"


The day after Christmas all of the boys (except for little Z) went skiing and my mom and I decided we would take advantage of our free time and do some antique shopping. First we went to Euro Treasures in downtown SLC, and we had no idea what we were getting into... trying to describe this place in words is difficult... It looks like a furniture hoarder/backroom of a museum/furniture graveyard/ horror movie set/ claustrophobic's nightmare! 


There were some pretty awesome pieces there although nothing we just couldn't live without.


Most of the "walkways" and mind you I use that term very loosely, were just barely big enough for us to walk through. 



After JJ decided he was done on the mountain, we met my dad at the bottom and had lunch. My mom just couldn't resist squishing this cute little bear while we waited. 


There is just something about this boy that makes everyone want to squish him. We also got our breakfast fix at kneaders at least once. 



Our second wedding of the trip was for Justin's step-sister Talena and her new husband JP. JP's family is from Columbia and loves to salsa! my dad coerced me to get me on the dance floor. I am not a dancer at all and not very coordinated, but I know he enjoyed it so I guess it was worth it. 




While the happy couple smashed cake JJ and Justin took to the dance floor for a little swing and salsa mix. 




Justin and his step-sister Tawni, holding the two newest babes, Ezra and Saige. Ezra is two weeks younger but definitely winning in the heft department. 


After everyone else left Brian got a little out of control... with the Martinellis.


JJ and two of his awesome Grandpas


Seriously how handsome is this little man in his three piece suit!


and Ezra looked just as adorable with his vest and big cheeks!


Ezra turned 4 months old!



On the coldest night of the whole trip (we didn't plan that) we went down to temple square to look at the lights. truthfully we didn't last very long but it was a beautiful sight. 





This is how I like my house, full to the brim with people I love. 






There is never quite enough time with my family but I am grateful every time they come out to visit us or we get to go back to Minnesota. 

No comments:

Post a Comment